I have a lot of half-finished drafts I am setting aside to press this:
It’s one of the few click pen offerings I’ve seen, and the only one that’s piqued my interest.
The quick takeaway is a sturdy aluminum <or> brass click pen with a cool design that takes Parker-style refills. It’s designed & made in the USA (obligatory comment to make when today is 9-11) by some cool folks. It takes any Parker-style refill, so you’ll have no problem keeping it inked.
Looking at it closer [looking closer at pictures of it over the internet, rather] I’ve got a few thoughts:
- I like that it’s smooth from tip to clip, meaning it should latch onto and smoothly be extracted from one’s pocket.
- I dislike that there’s no actual “grip” section. I know it’s polarizing, but I would love a knurled section just past the nose cone taper. But that would ruin the aesthetic, I know.
- As someone who likes to watch things work and take them apart, I love that you can see the actual bolt. This will only add to the joy of clicking this pen.
- This is a great jeans pen. Rugged. Sex~ay. And it should take a Fisher Space Pen refill*
- Look at that buff clip. That guy (just like the Render K’s) means business
- Did someone say Parker refill? Shucks. That’s going to require a lot more work to hack in my favorite micro tip gel refills :/
KarasKustoms does great work. I love my Render K. I am probably going to back the Bolt. If you’re normal and don’t have a ridiculous predilection for miniscule writing, you’ll love this pen. It will get the job done every time, and look good doing it.
Oh, and they already reached their goal, just an hour after launching. And by the time I post this, they’ll be at 200% funded.
*No, I don’t think the Space Pen refill writes well. But yes, I do think it has a purpose, and porpoises that purpose well.
~Images obviously snagged from their Kickstarter